- Digital Hybrid Wireless™ Technology*
(U.S. Patent #7,225,135)
Variable, selectable power output:
- SMQV: 50mW, 100mW, 250mW (for X and US units, blocks 470-23)
- SMQV: 50mW, 100mW (for US units, block 941)
- Membrane switch control panel with LCD display
- Wide input dynamic range
- DSP based pilot-tone signal
- Circulator/Isolator output stage
- Splash-proof, machined aluminum housing
- Non-corrosive, super-hard finish
To meet the demand for both extended operating range and extended battery life, the "V" series SM transmitters offer selectable output power (See specific model data sheets for details). A third selection at 50 mW is provided for some theatrical applications where the system design specifies lower transmitter power.
The input section features the unique servo bias input circuitry with a standard TA5M type jack for use with electret lavaliere mics, dynamic mics, or line level signals. A DSP-controlled analog audio limiter is employed before the A-D converter. The limiter has a range of more than 30 dB for excellent overload protection and a dual release envelope that makes the limiter acoustically transparent while maintaining low distortion. The limiter recovers quickly from brief transients, with no audible side effects, and also recovers slowly from sustained high levels to keep audio distortion low while preserving short-term dynamics.